I hope my mug shot turns out nicely!
Monday morning. I'll do a real post later, but for now, I'm stealing from Danelle's blog.
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Walked over 13 miles at one time.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make any next year?
I didn't really make any resolutions. I never do, but I'm thinking about making myself a promise to be more fiscally intelligent next year. I fritter away WAY too much money!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My friend from work, Leonor, and my Great Uncle Bob.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, unless you count Appalachia as a separate country.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
A car that I don't have to worry about taking long road trips with.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 5 - the day I met Chris
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Training for a marathon and starting a novel
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't finish my novel (but I WILL).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a couple of colds
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My awesome running/walking shoes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My cats. They haven't destroyed anything in a really long time.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
One of my team members. She should be a leader on my team and, instead, she's been passed and she's pissy about it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I haven't a clue. See #2.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Falling in love, seeing New York City for the first time, training for a marathon, and writing a novel.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Drift Off to Dream ~ Travis Tritt
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, unfortunately
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Cleaning house, reading, and meditating.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
That's still up in the air. It will either be a quiet day at my house with my folks or four hour layover at Atlanta followed by dinner and presents with all of Chris' extended family, including his two little girls.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Yes, and it still amazes me.
23. How many one-night stands?
Not a one (thank you God!)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
West Wing, Ed, Seventh Heaven, Everwood, and Gilmore Girls
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is truly a wasted emotion and it makes you feel worse, so I don't think there's anyone I'd apply the word "hate" to in my life.
26. What was the best book you read?
"Cry, the Beloved Country" by Alan Paton
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I haven't been terribly impressed with anything this year. I also haven't seen too many movies, so that's probably why.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36 and my mom came down on the train and spent the day with me, just dinking around.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I'd lost weight.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
34. What kept you sane?
Um, I don't think the premise is sound.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I love Mel Gibson.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Too hard to choose just one thing, so I'm keeping mum.
37. Who did you miss?
My friend, Rachel. We parted ways a few months ago and the friendship had started to deteriorate even before that. We don't talk at all now.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Chris' cousin's daughter, Shay. She's 13 going on 21 with a great head on her shoulders and limitless potential. I wish that I could become a mentor or something like that for her.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
You don't have to be perfect and it's OK if it takes more than one try to complete a dream.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Looking out on the morning rain
I used to feel uninspired
And when I knew I had to face another day
Lord, it made me feel so tired
Before the day I met you, life was so unkind
But your love was the key to my peace of mind
Cause you make me feel, you make me feel, you make me feel like
A natural woman
When my soul was in the lost and found
You came along to claim it
I didn't know just what was wrong with me
Til your kiss helped me name it
Now I'm no longer doubtful of what I'm living for
Cause if I make you happy I don't need to know more