Short and sweet
No, the title of this post does not refer to me but rather to my posting philosophy. Let's see, what might be interesting that I can post?
* I started having symptoms of a cold on Monday, the same day I went in for Part Deux of my periodontal surgery. (Woo. Hoo.) Have to breathe through my mouth which dries out my gums which hurts like...well, it hurts and we'll just leave it at that
* After telling everyone I'd be back to work on Wednesday, I'm now just hoping to go in tomorrow. The combination of cold and PAIN has not made my recovery swift or pleasant
* Insurance isn't going to pay for most of the very expensive work I've had done thus far which means we're in the hole again after I thought my bonus would get us ahead
* I've got Alcott and his younger brothers staying with me over the weekend. Normally, I'd be overjoyed but I could really use a quiet weekend without stressing over cleaning and getting food in
* It's weeks like this one that make me glad TCB might be coming home sooner than planned. Originally his assignment was to keep him overseas until June of next year and now it seems he could be home earlier. I'm not going to jinx it by putting the month in writing, but suffice it to say that I'm suddenly feeling more motivated to clean out the unsorted through stuff in the garage so that his Jeep can park next to Esme the Escape
* Is anyone else annoyed that there doesn't seem to be a "Premiere Week" for television any more? I have no idea if my favorite shows are cancelled or just starting some time in October and that's just too much ambiguity for me to handle. And what's up with all of these shows that only have like eight episodes per season??? Perhaps I've been sick too long?
Anyway, I got to talk to my darling husband for the first time in weeks this morning and that's the very best thing ever.